Tips on how to take care of yourself and achieve good and effective oral hygiene:
- Visit the Phi Clinic at least once a year, and from a very early age, since caries can appear as soon as the first tooth appears.
- Brush three times a day, after every meal. It is essential that you do it before going to bed and after getting up in the morning.
- Use fluoride toothpaste. It is advisable to use a fluoride toothpaste to prevent tooth decay.
- Brush carefully. Correct brushing consists of short, soft, elliptical movements, without forgetting the gum line, the back teeth (which are difficult to access) and the areas surrounding the crowns of teeth and fillings.
- Change brushes often. Experts recommend renewing the toothbrush every three months to avoid periodontal diseases.
- Floss daily. The best time to use it is at night, since the absence of salivation during sleep favors the formation of bacterial plaque.
- Use mouthwashes or mouth rinses. They are an important help in keeping your mouth healthy and avoiding pathologies and infections.
- Healthy diet. A varied and balanced diet also helps to strengthen the immune system so that it can defend itself against any infection in the oral cavity.
- Do not abuse bleaches. Although they are effective in brightening teeth, when used excessively and continuously they can damage the enamel. 9. Do not abuse bleaches. Although they are effective in brightening teeth, when used excessively and continuously they can damage the enamel.